1. Find a weapon you like and upgrade it. Dark Souls is about skill, not gear. An early game weapon you're comfortable with will see you through to the end. Experiment a bit till you find your stride.
2. If you read a message on a ledge that says "invisible path ahead" don't listen! Messages are often super useful so always read them, just be wary that not everyone is friendly.
3. Patience is a virtue! It's tempting to rush, particularly if you're running back to a spot after dying, but that's the easiest way to get killed.
4. Find the path of least resistance. If a fight seems completely insurmountable, maybe you're looking in the wrong place for where you're at in the game. You can always come back later.
5. Don't put points into Resistance. It'll just lead to the "Fall of Man"...
6. Don't fat roll! Keep that equip burden below 50%, even better get fast rolling with 25% and under.
7. Stamina management. You need stamina for attacking, blocking, dodging. Everything. Pump some points into Endurance and learn when to drop your shield to let it recharge. No stamina = shield break and death.
8. Human form = multiplayer. Pop a humanity and reverse hollowing at a bonfire so you can summon help from NPCs and other players. Be warned though, you will be invaded and mercilessly slaughtered.
9. Kindle the bonfires! More Sunny D means... less "sonny, die"!
10. Praise the sun!
Compiled by Danny McGarry, Connor Wood,
Michael McCloskey, Ken Allsop & Kyle Revell.